- Federal Student Aid – Financial aid information from the federal government to help you pay for education expenses at an eligible college or career school.
- Types of Federal Financial Aid video
- Register (both student & parent) for a FSA (Federal Student Aid) ID – An FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature on the FAFSA.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – is an application a student submits every year that determines qualification for federal aid, including grants, loans, and work-study. The completion of the FAFSA is necessary to be considered for financial aid.
- Aid from the State Government – Even if you’re not eligible for federal aid, you might be eligible for financial aid from your state. Contact the State grant agency for more information.
- NM Higher Education Department’s Index of State Financial Aid
- Aid from University/College
- At NMSU, view the list of available scholarships for NMSU students
College Entrance Exams
- Get information from ACT – register for ACT, education & career planning, test prep, etc.
- Get information from Collegeboard – register for SAT, college guidance, test prep, etc.
- KnowHow2GO – designed to encourage students to prepare for college.
- Education Planner – is your one-stop career and college planning website. EducationPlanner provides practical and easy-to-understand advice to help prepare students for the important decisions they will face in the future.
- OwnYourOwnFuture – explore resources that will help you on your path to college.