All of the following items must be on file with your application before a student is considered for enrollment. Information is required by the U.S. Department of Education to verify and document student eligibility for the Upward Bound Program.
Information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
Steps to complete the UB Application process
- Complete the Upward Bound Application
- Ask your high school Counselor or Registrar for a copy of your:
- Middle School Transcript
- High School Transcript
- NMPED / PARCC Test Scores (results from 7th, 8th, & 9th grades)
- Copy of Most Current Progress Report or Report Card
- Ask your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) for a copy of the following to submit:
- Signed copy of Parent(s) 1040/1040A U.S. Income Tax Return
- Signed copy of Student’s Social Security Card
- Copy of Student’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of student’s Permanent Resident Card or INS Form 1-551 (Non-U.S. Citizens only)
- Copy of Legal Guardianship document (Students who do not live with parents)
- When your application and supporting documentation is received, eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Mail/fax application & documentation to: Hand deliver to:
New Mexico State University Upward Bound office located in the
TRIO Upward Bound Program Hardman Jacob’s Undergraduate Learning Center
Box 30001, MSC 5278 Room 128
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
Fax: (575) 646-4395
Phone: (575) 646-5732