The Upward Bound Programs at New Mexico State University serve high school students from Alamogordo High School, Gadsden Independent School District /Las Cruces Public Schools, and Hatch Valley High School.
Students wishing to participate in the Upward Bound Programs must meet the following requirements:
- Is a U.S.citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Is a potential First-Generation college bound student; meaning the student’s parent (s) have not received a Bachelor’s/4-year degree; meets Federal Low-Income Guidelines; and/or demonstrates a need for academic support.
- At the time of initial selection, the student must have completed the eighth grade but not completed their junior year of high school; and is at least 13 years old but no older than 19.
- Enrolled at one of the target schools: Gadsden, Santa Teresa, Las Cruces, Mayfield, Onate, Hatch Valley, or Alamogordo High School.
The NMSU TRIO Upward Bound Programs are looking for students who:
- Want to attend college to receive their Post-Secondary degree
- Are committed to attend all scheduled Upward Bound events year round
- Complete assigned work, participate in activities and have good attendance
In order to be considered for the program, you must complete the application and submit supporting documentation. You will find information regarding the application process on the Apply Now tab.