The Upward Bound Program at New Mexico State University serves 90 high school students from the Gadsden Independent School District (GISD) and Las Cruces Public School District (LCPS).
Students wishing to participate in the Upward Bound Program must meet the following requirements:
- Is a U.S.citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Is a potential First-Generation college bound student; meaning the student’s parent (s) have not received a Bachelor’s/4-year degree
- Meets Federal Low-Income Guidelines
- Demonstrates a need for academic support
- Completed 8th grade but not 10th grade
- Enrolled at one of the target schools; Gadsden,Santa Teresa, Las Cruces, Mayfield or Onate high school.
The NMSU TRIO Upward Bound Program is looking for students who:
- Want to attend college to receive their Bachelor’s degree
- Are committed to attend all scheduled Upward Bound events year round
- Complete assigned work, participate in activities and have good attendance
In order to be considered for the program, you must complete the application and submit supporting documentation. You will find information regarding the application process on the Apply Now tab.